Mesajul ICCO pentru membri la începutul anului 2020
Happy New Year!
I hope your year is off to a great start. In this time of change across continents, I know we are all focused on our own firms and countries through national and regional associations, so I commend and thank you for your efforts that allow us to achieve success as a global network. Thank you for your partnership. In 2020 I want us to continue building against our three strategic priorities:
- Raise professional and ethical standards of the public relations industry globally
- Shape the future of industry by championing new technologies and attracting talent
- Increase visibility for the role and value of public relations among decision-makers
We have had some great successes over the past year and while we will continue to strengthen those initiatives, there is a need to engage and start seeding more ideas to continue to support our objectives. I am proposing that we brainstorm new concepts at our board meeting as well as how ICCO can support a larger Purpose driven theme globally. More details to follow in the agenda soon.
In addition to the initiatives we will be developing through our board and groups, below is a brief top ten for 2020, that is something that every single member company in every country can participate in:
- The new Global Agency Finder is a tool that represents a huge business development opportunity for members. We must all ensure our members sign up so we can promote to clients the world’s foremost communications agency search tool.
- The Communication Management Standard provides our members with a mark of quality and credibility, recognised by clients and those outside the industry. Now it is accessible online, to any region. Make this the year your country follows the lead of others across Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Turkey and the UK. ICCO is here to support you in doing this, let’s raise standards together!
- Member Resource Library has created a members-only access site to share content and resources easily and securely, including award-winning campaign case studies and thought leadership. Please encourage members to register and let’s make this a valuable repository for global comms resources.
- Third annual September #PowerofEthics campaign – an opportunity to all engage locally and globally in this month of awareness raising, educating and best practice sharing. Tell us what you are planning, let’s amplify our voice!
- Helsinki will host the second annual ICCO Ethics Conference in September, following the success of the inaugural event in Istanbul last year to put a spotlight on key issues.
- Global Awards 2020 will again recognise the World’s Best. We had entries from every continent in 2019 – make sure agencies from your country are on stage at the 2020 awards on 2nd December in London and get the recognition they deserve.
- We are going back to Asia after a long gap for the Global Summit 2020 in Singapore in November. The summit will again bring together leaders of industry, whilst there’s nothing like being there for business development, thought leadership and networking, we plan to make this more accessible by filming more content to share with members.
- Professional Development and Training – over 70 online webinars courses with qualified vetted tutors, for introductory to advanced level. Members can also gain industry accreditation and recognition with an ICCO Diploma.
- Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity – in every ICCO region, the Young PR Lions competitions exists to nurture the next generation. Members can also raise their profile and credibility at Cannes Festival on lower budgets through the House of PR platform.
- World PR Report and C-Suite Survey: Our free annual global industry barometer on growth, opportunity, skills and challenges increasingly gains traction and coverage. Now includes a useful benchmarking of C-Suite views of the PR and communications services that can be used in internal planning.
In addition, this year has had a great start and I must congratulate Jurgen for sealing the partnership with the European Council which will be signed next week in Vienna. We are also speaking to various organisations for more partnerships including Diversity Action Alliance and the IABC.
Our ever-expanding global network continues to offer more services, improve existing services and through your efforts, deliver value and benefit for PR communications agencies around the world.
Supporting our members remains the core of what we do and I want to thank you again for your commitment and participation.
Let’s keep being ambitious, let’s keep our network growing and our ideas flowing. I look forward to working with all of you in 2020 and beyond.